Saturday, April 25, 2009

Be resolute!


To be honest, a great deal of Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming puzzles me. It's either too coarse for my taste or simply not funny. Tonight, however, at midnight (11PM central) Adult Swim will be airing the long awaited, hour long NEW animated mini-movie: G.I. Joe: Resolute.

Brace yourselves. This not your father's G.I. Joe or even YOUR G.I. Joe for that matter. This all too brief outing is rated PG-13 and features actual on-screen death and blood. The script is by Warren Ellis and the animation team worked on AVATAR. The show has been airing all week long as 5 minute webisodes and is really quite amazing. It is full of "oh cool" moments and pretty sophisticated story-telling.

Check it out tonight or set the TIVO. It is the best animated G.I. Joe programming to date. But, remember it is not appropriate for young children due to the violence and mild language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home